Sunday, September 23, 2012

stretchy pants

this last week at work has proven most uncomfortable. last Monday i attempted to pull on a pair of black dress pants and they wouldn't even come close to zipping.  not even the belly band could manage this one. so, i relegated them to the back of the closet for another day. my only pair of maternity pants still needed to be hemmed so i was beginning to find myself up a creek.


at lunch that day i decided to go to the Old Navy in Fullerton since they are only 1 of 2 in my area that carry maternity. so i drove myself over, only for the first associate to tell me they don't carry it anymore, and that i would have to drive to Brea. i was super pissed because i had JUST checked the website before coming over and it clearly stated they carried maternity! I was so irritated that i actually wrote to Old Navy when i got back to the office and let them know that they needed to update their website. i think it was the panic setting in that i was quickly approaching a pantless wardrobe.  there was a Target Greatlands in the same shopping center so i figured i would see if they had any work pants i could find. i've since come to find out that i simply don't fit well into Liz Lange for Target. they are too baggy and just don't make me feel good about myself. but i did find this little number instead!
yes, it's not work appropriate but i haven't found a lot of maternity that i like so i figured i would take advantage of the situation.

anyways, my mission on Saturday was to actually find pants so i went to South Coast Plaza.  they have the only Gap in the vicinity that also carries maternity, even though it's a bit of a pathetic selection. i found pants that i liked, and they even had the right length for my short legs, but there were no pants in my size with the right length. i also was a little hesitant in spending $65 on them. i figured if i couldn't find anything else i could always order online. but i wandered over to Destination Maternity and had someone pull a crap load of pants into a dressing room for me.  and lo and behold, pants that fit me exist! and only for $35!! i can't wait to wear these to work (i never thought i'd hear myself say that) and not have to constantly adjust my belly band to make sure i'm not flashing the entire world.  i picked up some in black:
and some in gray:
this is a scary picture, but the stretchy band is going to give me a run for my money, this i'm sure. i'm going to check back for more colors, because i can't beat the price and they're pretty darn comfy. here's to stretchy pants!

2 comments:

  1. The Gap maternity at MV mall is way better than South Coast for some reason! They always have a ton of stuff on clearance. The ON maternity at the spectrum is where I always had better luck too. Also, have you tried Forever 21?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have those same pants and I LOVED them! The full panel is nice because it will be comfy throughout and even after pregnancy (fold it down). I always had TERRIBLE luck with Liz Lange stuff, especially the pants. Most of my maternity wardrobe came from Old Navy, but the thing that sucks, is that the stores nearby have no or bad selection, and if you order online, you can't return to a store...wasn't always that way, so imagine my frustration when I discovered this in round 2! Anyway, I'm glad you found some awesome pants! JC Penny and Kohls also have *some* maternity stuff. Good luck, and have fun!

    ReplyDelete