Tuesday, September 11, 2012

babies are expensive!

or should i be more specific at this point and say that pregnancy is expensive?

case in point:
it's been hot out. and i literally feel at times like i am an oven. needless to say- sweaty and tired. so we've been sleeping with the air on and it's been GLORIOUS! i feel like i can breathe, and it's actually nice to snuggle under the blankets instead of feeling like they are smothering me to death.

but then the electric bill came over the weekend and my party has ended, per the husband. our bill had tripled! seriously Southern California Edison? don't you know how hot it is? i feel like if i didn't have the air on at night i would suffocate both myself and my unborn child. not to mention that my downstairs neighbor has been running her AC 24/7 and her unit is blowing hot, exhaust air right into our bedroom window non-stop. i should say that our initial bill was not huge- in fact, it's under $50 so even if it tripled, it's money well spent in my opinion.

so we are going cold turkey, or rather HOT TURKEY, and sweating it out at night. it's been miserable. it feels humid and stifling in the house and my sleep the last 2 nights has been mediocre at best. coupled with the fact that i somehow pulled the h-e-double hockey sticks out of my left groin muscle (thank you Hollywood Bowl), going to bed is not my favorite activity anymore. i have literally prayed every day that God would provide respite from this awful weather. it's SEPTEMBER. i'm sick of hot weather, and so is Little Wood.

and that's my first pregnancy rant. i hope you enjoyed ;)

1 comment:

  1. Word of advice: turn the air back on. Your sleep will only continue to get worse (sorry!) as your hips and back start to hurt, and your bladder becomes more and more compressed. Sleep now while you can - and the heat won't last forever. At the end, I dreaded going to bed, so make it as comfortable as you can, for as long as you can. Because soon enough your tiny bundle will be waking you both up, heat or not. :-)

    ReplyDelete