Saturday, September 8, 2012

4 Month Dr. Appointment

i had my 16 week appointment today and joined the packed waiting room with a little apprehension.

let me just take this moment to pontificate on waiting room etiquette. if it's otherwise completely quiet (and packed, i might add) then you shouldn't carry on a rather loud conversation with your neighbor. it's weird and annoying. and when someone is taken in to see the Dr. before you are, you should keep all your comments to yourself. and finally, when that person leaves the office and you are still in the waiting room yapping to your friend, you shouldn't sigh loudly, trying to make a point.  maybe you should have been a little more conscientious about your waiting room habits.  i'm just saying.

back to my appointment. since my last 12 week visit, i was expecting to start showing and maybe even feel Little Wood start moving. but my bod's just pudged a little and still no action in utero. i wasn't super worried. but i'm in a weird place, my morning sickness having subsided and still not feeling very pregnant. all that to say i could tell i would have a little bit of high blood pressure when going to the doctor, as i looked forward to hearing the heartbeat again.  it's not uncommon for me to experience this on a usual visit to the doctor, as i've been told i have "White Coat Syndrome" and tend to get nervous before appointments. i even have my own blood pressure cuff for home because a previous doctor thought i had a real issue at the age of 25 and made me take it at home. anyways, i digress.

after a quick pee in cup and 15 minutes of waiting, i got to spend my 6 minutes with the doctor.  and yay! we got to hear the heartbeat! it was still super fast and the doctor predicted a boy. we should be so lucky. and the good news is we will find out on the 19th for my ultrasound!  i'm so glad the hubby got to come again today and that he will make it for the ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment