Thursday, September 13, 2012

is this a good look for me?

a few posts back i remarked on my gradual foray into maternity wear. i also mentioned the pros and cons of the idea of the "belly band." while i do like the flexibility it gives me in remaining in my pre- pregnancy pants, i hate hate hate that it gives me a lumpy midsection i just can't hide. i still don't understand how people say they wear this in lieu of actual maternity pants. i guess if i wore, ill-fitting, drapey, maternity shirts 24/7 i could get away with them, because then i wouldn't look like this:

see how obvious? this doesn't look natural.

anyways, since i nearly flashed everything below the belt last week at work when my belly band scooted up and my zipper was obviously down since i can't zip them anymore, i decided it was time to take the plunge and buy some new pants.  somehow i scored the last pair of black dress pants at Target today (what, pregnant women don't need to wear nice pants to work? sheesh!)  and walked away with these:
they are very scary in this picture and actually don't look this awful. mine don't have those horrendous pleats, but you get the picture. i'm hoping they are as amazing as everyone says they are!

2 comments:

  1. Target still has stuff on 75% clearance right now - I noticed A LOT of maternity stuff. And try GAP - I wore a pair of khakis and a pair of jeans from there for most of my pregnancy. My khakis had the stretchy waistband instead of the full belly wrap which worked fine even into 3rd trimester (it sat low on my hips, kinda under the giant belly). Good luck! Finding good pants is tough.

    ReplyDelete