Sunday, September 2, 2012

maternity garb

maternity clothes have always terrified me. i'm not sure if it was because of the actual styles or just the meaning behind wearing them, but they still scare me just a little.  i'm really not in the maternity clothes phase yet, but am still keeping my eye out for what i may like.

i'm still too small to fit into most maternity options, but my regular clothes are uncomfortable to say the least. people keep telling me that i should just buy regular clothes, but in a size larger. i'm not really a fan of that idea because i don't want to look like i'm buying clothes that don't fit me. and while they may give me more room in some areas, it's going to look like i'm swimming in them in others.

i have purchased exactly ONE "maternity" skirt, and i actually think it's pretty cute. i think it's only maternity because of the stretchy waistband, but who cares! It's comfy and i like it:

of course i don't fill it out like this momma does, but that will come soon enough.

in the meantime, and on the weekends, i'm sticking to stretchy maxi and jersey skirts. they are SO forgiving and i never feel uncomfortbale. i picked up a similar skirt as this at Nordstrom the other day:
it's a little different style but the same color and i can mix and match a lot with it. and yesterday, whilst hanging out with my step-mom, she let me borrow some of her Old Navy fold over jersey skirts that she isn't using. Hallelujah! i'm wearing one today and it's heaven.
for my tops, i've been digging into my Target Mossimo Micro-Rib tank collection. I seriously have at least 10 of these in a variety of colors: white, black, brown, navy, pink, mustard yellow, lime green, purple, red, emerald green... Ok i have a lot of them but now they're coming in handy to wear with all my solid colored skirts! Boo-ya! And i've always bought them in a medium so they're longer and now i couldn't be happier because they smooth out my bulgy mid-section.

so far, my changing body hasn't bothered me too much. to be honest, i'm much more comfortable (let's be truthful- skinny jeans aren't all they're cracked up to be) on a daily basis.  i'm trying to enjoy this time while i can, because i know larger days are around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment