Friday, November 30, 2012

welcome to my crib!

last weekend, my good friend and i spent about 4 hours repainting LW's nursery. i've never painted before and while i certainly enjoyed myself, it was hard work! i'm so thankful my friend is an experienced painter, because i never would have been able to do with without her! Here are some shots of our work:
 
the paint fairies definitely visited us because we had JUST enough paint to cover the two walls we painted. i was a little perturbed because i had even used a handy "paint calculator" on the Glidden website that told me i would have more than enough paint. luckily, i still had my leftover paint sample because we had to scrape every drop of paint to finish up. i'm also thankful we used duo paint + primer. it cut down on a ton of grunt work!

now to my newest advancement in the nursery, our crib! i want to give a shout out to Walmart for not only having a crib i loved, but also because of their customer service. i ordered the crib this past Tuesday, and when i got home from work on Wednesday, it was already at my door! That's even faster than the ship to store option! i don't have to explain to most of you that this is not a typical Walmart situation. they have redeemed themselves in the slightest in my eyes. here she is, the Baby Mod Modena!

 i love this crib for many reasons:
  • the color. it's not easy to find cribs in non-traditional colors. since dave and i couldn't agree on white vs. black cribs, this was the perfect compromise. 
  • it comes with a free toddler conversion rail and parts. this usually costs an extra $100+ dollars, but not-so with this baby! i'm not sure if i will ever use it, because i feel like the conversion beds look a little silly, but at least i didn't have to pay extra for the option.
  • it's unique. i love the solid sides and that it doesn't look uber babyish.
  • it's the perfect size. it's not humongous looking, and doesn't overwhelm the nursery.
  • it's quality. oh walmart, you've surprised me again! i was super shocked to receive the box in perfect condition, as well as the crib itself. there's not a scratch on it, and we didn't nick it at all whilst putting it together.
i'm loving this process of preparing for my little one on the way. i know she won't understand all that it took to make way for her, but she is the first thing on my mind most days and i just pray she will feel as loved as she is! i have a ways to still go, but i think my pink and grey nursery is coming along quite nicely:

No comments:

Post a Comment