Thursday, August 29, 2013

6 Month Favorites

Seriously, half a year already? "they" weren't joking when they said that time flies. This month we got to try out a bunch of cool new stuff! Olivia is getting more and more fun with her curiosity and personality. Here are our 6 month favs:
Gerber/Nuk Graduates Soft Tipped Infant Spoons: now that we are well into solid foods, these are a must have. I've tried the Munchkin plastic spoons and don't like them. They are too deep and I feel like the edges are sharp. It's very difficult for Olivia to get all the food out of them. But with the Gerber spoons, she can easily get everything, and as a special treat, I give it to her when she's done eating to chew on!

Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Seahorse: Great Grandma gave this to LW and we LOVE it. when you squeeze it's belly, the light glows and it plays 5 minutes worth of classical music with some ocean-y waters mixed in. it's so adorable- Olivia loves to hold it and stare at the light. I can't tell you how many times I've gone in to her room to check on her and she's snuggling her sweet seahorse! I am convinced this is what helps her go to sleep on her own, since we usually put her in her crib when she's awake.

Avent Bottle Warmer: I don't know why it took me 5 months to get this, but I did.  This is a pretty basic warmer, and actually has more cons than I'd hoped, but it does the job. I like that it only takes about 5 minutes to take the chill off (we've never given LW warm bottles, and I'm not going to start now), but if you leave it too long it gets SCALDING. That being said, there is no timer, you have to manually shut it off with a switch in the back (easy to forget since you can't see it) and supposedly it hits a stopping point and maintains the temp. I haven't found this to be true, hence the scalding bottles. in spite of this, I still really like that I have this on hand.

Brica In-Sight Mirror: Since we are in the car a lot, this is a MUST HAVE. I like that I can keep an eye on LW, and now she's figured out how to angle herself to see me back in the reflection of the rear view mirror. No worrying now!

Munchkin Bath Letters & Numbers: I've had these since LW was born, but now that she can sit up in the tub, we've busted these out. we LOVE them. We mostly use them as chew toys because they are the right size and clean up easily. I like that they are small because I can even carry a few in my diaper bag for emergency toy duty!

Tupperware Tote-Em Pails: we received these as a gift and also just brought these out to play. Olivia particularly loves the 3 smallest pails and I've been known to put the largest, blue bucket on her head as a hat ;) I'm excited to take these to the beach one day soon!

I shudder to think what these posts will look like in the next 6 months. Please, little baby, stop growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment