Sunday, August 18, 2013

the times, they are a changin'

before the arrival of LW, our lives were pretty stable and well, boring in a way. Dave and I lived in the same apartment since the day we got married, i worked the same job I had since two weeks after we got married, we went to the same church since a year before marriage. are we seeing a pattern? though it was consistently stable, we found solice in our routines, our favorite restaurants, our drives home.

i probably wouldn't admit that I LOVE change, although I do like it. but after 7 years, it was TIME. so we had a baby, and that brought lots of change. and apparently, we are now addicted because in the 6 month's since she's been born, we are now moving 30 miles away, I've left my job of 8 years to work for our Church from home, and Dave's leaving his job of 2 1/2 years to start work at a firm. all while raising a baby. crazy much!? yes. but that's what happens when virtually nothing changes for 7 years.

today I got to visit our future town house that we're renting not far from my hometown where I went to high school (feels SO weird!). we are beyond excited to upgrade and move into a place that's nearly 2x as big as our apartment, and FINALLY move out of our complex that we've lived in for 8 1/2 years. We will have 3 bedrooms, a 2 car garage, full size washer and dryers, and a patio that we can BBQ on! here are some pics for your viewing pleasure:
The patio upstairs is our neighbors, not ours :)

Kitchen. I'll probably keep the red walls because I don't enjoy painting.

2 car garage!

Office/downstairs bedroom w/wood floors and a closet!

Downstairs bath, complete with standing shower!

Olivia's room

Olivia's bathroom

Master Bath! Hi yo, would you look at that huge tub!
Master Bedroom


Linen Closets

Patio

Patio. Yay, no grass to mow!
Even though this is going to be a HUGE change for us, it is much needed. we're both a little nervous about the newness of everything, but know that we are going to love living in a new place with our new family. When all is said and done, we expect a lot of visitors ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment