Monday, January 21, 2013

Showers for Olivia

the last two weekends have been super busy, but good busy, with two baby showers! i am super blessed to have both family and friends who were able to throw me wonderful celebrations for our Little Wood. My step mom hosted a shower at one of my favorite Italian restaurants in Costa Mesa, Maggiano's. It was awesome to see so many family members and co-workers and be able to celebrate.  We received so many amazing gifts, including some necessities like our car seat and swing, and some wonderful homemade gifts too. here are some pics!

 
 
 
 
 

 and just yesterday some of my closest friends through me a wonderful shower for my Bible study and church friends. even more blessings! they hosted with an owl motif (which i can't help but be obsessed with) and i got some more more needed items, like swaddling blankets, clothes, and bath goodies. 
 
 
 
 
 
it goes without saying that i have a TON of thank you cards to do (and laundry)!  all of my showers have made me more and more excited to meet the wee babe.  i'm finally starting to feel prepared, but still want her to stay a-cookin' for a few more weeks at least. Dave and I are still enjoying these last few weeks alone together. even though it will be different after this month, we can't wait to share our lives with Little Wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment