Tuesday, May 7, 2013

blogging for books

if you know me in real life (as opposed to internet stalking me via blog) then you know i am a major book lover. when i was a kid, i think i read every single Baby Sitter's Club book and carried a book with me wherever i went. last year, i completed a 50 book challenge and wrote about each book on my old blog, karlywood. when i started Little Wood, i thought i would still maintain my old blog as well, seeing as how it's several years old and i have a ton of posts. but over the last few years, the diversity was pretty lacking and i resorted to basically documenting my nail polish, books, and shopping expeditions. i realize now there is no way i can keep up both with a beautiful child to raise, a job, church, and of course, a husband! it's a miracle i can even keep up with this blog.

regardless, blogging helps me keep my sanity and it's something of my own- apart from motherhood, wifedom, etc. these first few months have been all about my child and i've loved every minute of it (except the sleep deprived ones). but i also want to be careful to still maintain my identity and passions. i know God has gifted me with many talents, only one of which is motherhood, and i want to be sure i keep them up and running.

the other day i was perusing Amazon (shocker, i know) for a marriage devotional (recommendations anyone? i didn't find one yet) and read a review from someone who read the book as part of a "blogging for books" program. what!?!?! this seemed too good to be true. so i googled it and low and behold, there's a Christian publisher, WaterBrook Multnomah, that offers readers books for free in exchange for honest reviews of their books. hallelujah! i have been blogging about books for years and this is a match made in heaven! it's also great because it will help me keep up with my passion for books and writing in the whirlwind of motherhood.

so, you can expect some book reviews coming your way! i've decided i want this blog to not just be about my new Little Wood, but about our lives together as we grow into our family. i'm hoping i will come across some amazing books along the way that all of you can enjoy as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment