Monday, May 13, 2013

momma's first mother's day

yesterday i celebrated my first Mother's Day! last year i wasn't even pregnant at the time, but probably wouldn't have considered it my first mother's day even if i was. Dave, Olivia, and I celebrated on our own, as is typical family tradition in our house. growing up, our family always put an emphasis on celebrating with our immediate family before anyone else, and it's something i've inadvertently carried into my own family. don't get me wrong, i love celebrating with my family at large (thought it's not very big), but i also love having my own family traditions that are no one else's. we've been pretty busy and tired these past few weeks (i wonder why, oh my dear 10 week old) so we kept the holiday low key, as is also our tradition. we went to church and snagged a picture the service. i love how Olivia is looking at us like we are crazy!
p.s., doesn't she look like she has red hair?

then we headed to a special (aka expensive and PACKED) brunch at my favorite restaurant in Orange, Citrus City Grill. Olivia slept through most of it, but we still had a lovely afternoon. brunch is my absolute favorite meal because it combines my two favorite types of food: breakfast and dessert. anytime i consume both unashamedly is fine by me. throw in a little mimosas and i'm a happy girl.

after brunch we headed home to watch the Dodger game and take a family nap. not only did the Dodgers win, but we had a great snooze too:
yes, we napped on the family room floor, and yes it was quite nice. and that's that! though it wasn't glamorous, i thoroughly enjoyed my first Mother's Day. i can't wait to share many more with my Little Wood:)

No comments:

Post a Comment