Saturday, December 22, 2012

last ultrasound

i always thought i would be a big proponent of having a lot of ultrasounds when i was pregnant. pregnancy is quite long, all things considered, and i knew i would be curious about what my little one was up to in the womb. now that i'm here, i'm surprised at my lack of interest in getting more pre-birth pics of my babe in utero. it probably has a lot to do with the little info we have on the impact of ultrasounds on the unborn, and me just not wanting to take the risk. additionally, i  just have this desire to leave my wee one alone in there as she makes her way towards life. i can feel her all day every day, and that's been enough for me.

that being said, my doctor required that i have a final ultrasound this last week to make sure my placenta had moved up. at my 18 week scan, it was a little low, and they wanted to make sure i wasn't a candidate for placenta previa. good news to report, it has! along with ensuring i was good to go for labor and delivery, i also got to see a few last moments of the wee babe before she's here for good.

one thing i will say, is that Little Wood is not very photogenic. this is the 2nd time that she has refused to cooperate for a good picture. this time, it's because she was busy hiding her face by having her legs practically touching her forehead. she blocked any good face shots that may have been. regardless, i was still a happy momma to be. the ultrasound tech said that she looked perfect and even had some hair! she is head down and if i'm going to take a stab at natural childbirth, i hope she stays that way.

here's one last photo for your viewing pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment