Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas in utero

Christmas is probably my favorite holiday of the year. i love the music, decorations, and the overall spirit. oh, and the eggnog, peppermint, and cookie treats.  it was a little emotional for me this year, what with all the hormones, and i even caught myself trying not to cry a few times at church while singing Christmas carols!  being that this is our last Christmas without the wee babe, the husband and i decided to take it easy, but to also spoil each other a little in the gift department:) we know our focus during this time will change completely next year, and definitely for the better! we are always blessed during Christmas by each other, and our families. here are some of my favorite gifts from this year!

Madewell Heart Stripe sweater- this was an inadvertent gift from the husband. he had originally gotten me a different sweater that made me look like a whale (and it would have even w/o being pregnant) and some awesome thermal pajama pants. but the pants were defective and i had to return them and they didn't have any more! so sad. but i got this cute sweater instead and it kind of even fits my pregnant belly.

Clarisonic Mia cleaner- i didn't even know i wanted this until I had it! it's a facial hand buffer/exfoliater which i've used 3 times and already love it. it's gentle on my acne prone skin and makes it feel so soft! i'm hoping it can really keep my acne at bay until i can get back on my Rx creams after Little Wood comes.

JCrew striped blouse- i LOVE this print and can't wait to wear it! right now i look a little silly in it because my belly is half exposed. oh well.

Chi pink flat iron- i've had my Hai for at least 5 years and needed an upgrade. my parents got me this new one and it's AMAZING! it's much smoother than the Hai and makes my  hair so much shinier.

Madewell UK Storyteller Scarf- this is such a beautiful scarf. it's got "hand drawings" of Scotland, Ireland, and England on it and i can't wait to wear it.

Les Miserables (unabridged)- yes, i know, i'm quite advantageous for having a baby next year. but i've always wanted to read this and i think it may be my 1 and only book goal for next year. we'll see.

Madewell Skimmers in emerald green- i've decided that i'm a "flats" girl. heels kill my feet and do not a happy mama make. my husband is now indulging me, and got me this lovely flats!

and finally, the wee babe was also blessed this year by the hubs (guess which item he bought) and by grandma and grandpa Jalowiec:
it goes without saying that i can't wait until we can share the wonderful holiday season with our newest Little Wood next year. she is already so loved and blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment